Consistent attendance is essential for children to learn and make progress. Parents/guardians are responsible for seeing that their children receive instruction in compliance with MN Statute 120A.22. The district’s expectation is that your children will attend school all day, every day that school is in session.
Reporting an absence
If a student must be absent, a parent/guardian must call the attendance line at (763) 391-8670, wait for the prompt, and then press 1. When leaving a message, please provide your child's first and last name and grade.
- Attend five days each week; school day is from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Check in with each scheduled teacher (via Google Meet, email, Schoology message, Seesaw or Google Chat) during the class period in which you are scheduled.
- Complete assignments, collaborate with classmates, and take risks with your learning.
- Students who are unable to attend school must notify the Distance Learning Academy of the absence. Unaccounted for absences will be marked as unexcused.
- Attendance phone calls will be made to a) notify parents/guardians that their child was absent the previous day, and b) remind students that school is in session.
- The attendance team will make efforts to connect with students who have extended absences.